Monday, June 25, 2012

The End or the Beginning?

"It is vital that when educating our children's brains...
                    that we do not neglect to educate their hearts." ~~~Dalami Lama

This is one of the most profound messages I take to heart.If we educate the brain, we must educate the heart. That is what I feel is the most important job I have as I teach high-risk, low income families. Most people don't realize the word Head Start became the name of our program due to the fact that we give those children a 'head start' in life for a chance for a better future. This is my heart; This is my calling; This is my purpose in life. I do know there are things I will use and things I will not. The experience has been both exciting and frustrating. Some of the 'things' were easy and some were difficult. At times,I would get tired and ready to give up. I would always remind myself that if I knew how to do this, I wouldn't have needed the class. So, it was always forward bound. When I did learn something new, I would be as excited as a child. That, in itself, is the wonder of learning.......It's been a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment