Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thing 18-Social Networking

Finally, Something I am an expert at! I absolutely can't imagine a world without Facebook! I have no interest at all talking with complete strangers on the Internet. On Facebook all the members on my list are close friends and family. I keep up with a great majority of my family members. Most all of my family lives in other states and I am lucky to see some of them 2-3 times a year. This is a perfect solution for me. I feel the younger members stay in touch on Facebook, but probably would not any other way. I even have people I have known all my life on my list. Some I lost touch and reconnected with thanks to Facebook. This site has been my lifeline to those who I rarely get to see. I use it mostly for fun and entertainment. I do not care for twitter at all. I signed up again due to this assignment. I once was on it and it irritated me so I deleted the account. It doesn't allow you to use enough words to express your thoughts. I do not have time to follow other people either. Since I detest abbreviations, slang and such, it is not for me. Both of these sites could be useful to parents, students and teachers. You could interact in a way that has never been done before. I imagine there are some classrooms and schools that may be able to use the sites, but not mine. Since we cannot break confidentiality with our children and families, it could not be used in my classroom at the present time. Personally, I do not want to use my account for work as it is my way of communicating with those I love and that I am close to.



(I added these on this blog. I was unable to find a place on my profile.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment