Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thing 5-Web 2.0



While I was reading some of the of the perspectives given concerning Web 2.0,  a couple caught my attention.  The Wikipedia description was interesting because it helped me understand a little more about the history of Web 2.0 and how it has developed into the amazing part of society that it is today. Until I started this class I had no idea how much information is out there on the Internet. "Web 2.0:  A Guide for Educators" was also very informative, and made me realize the full impact that world-wide information and the tools available have on the classroom.  I believe "School 2.0" is the future of education.  We live in a world where web is a big part of everyone's life. Even children are becoming more and more knowledge in technology.  The statement that "education must get on board" stood out to me because this is coming faster than we can keep up with it. All of these things I have struggled to learn is overwhelming to me.  We must move forward to insure the children of the future is reaping the benefits. The new possibilities for teaching and learning seem to be endless.  As educators, we have a responsibility to move forward and continue learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment