Saturday, June 9, 2012

Thing 1-The Beginning

I always knew I was by no means 'computer savvy'. Taking this course has only reinforced that view. I understand something the professor tells me in class and do it on the Mac computer. I get home to my brand  new PC and I am totally lost. I spend more time trying to figure out what I am doing than actually completing an assignment. This is often frustrating. I say, and will continue to say that if I knew how to do all this, I wouldn't need the class.
I watched the 7and 1/2 Habits video. The easiest habit for me is number one; begin with the end in mind. Every time I start something, I remind myself there is an end and at that point I will have acquired the knowledge. It's the frustration of having ADD that keeps me in turmoil. For me, it is very difficult to focus, learn and maintain information. Once I learn something new, I am ecstatic and that is what moves me forward.  I believe my sense of determination plays a huge role in that. Since learning is difficult for me, I have a deep appreciation for all of my accomplishments. Without a doubt the hardest thing for me is learning technology. I was completely grown before we had access to computers, let alone all the numerous gadgets that are available to us now. I thoroughly enjoyed the information in the video. It was very informative and the format is easy to understand. As I learn and grow,I have every intention of paying it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment