Friday, June 15, 2012

Thing 12-Google is Not Just for Searching...


I am officially a google fan.  I set up an Igoogle page, and I enjoyed exploring the tools.  I want to explore more and become more comfortable with this resource, but so far I've put a recipe for the day and dictionary word of the day on my page.  I could possibly set up a separate page for parents and students in my classroom.  I could post helpful links to other resources and post daily information such as homework, classroom activities, etc.

I also looked at google translate.  This would be a great tool for ELL students and their parents.  It is so simple to use.  I typed in different phrases and could choose to translate from English to Spanish and Spanish to English.  I have used other sites for translation, but it looks like I never have to leave google for anything.  With the ability to use the RSS feeds, blog-finders, and the tools found in this assignment, google brings everything to me.  I had no idea that all of these resources were available.

No comments:

Post a Comment