Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thing 7-Flickr

The first photo I posted is a needlepoint that I designed and made in memory of my daughter.  I picked the second photo because it includes pictures of my children and grandchildren, and they are the most important things in my life.  Using flickr was not easy for me, as usual, and I would not use it in the classroom, mainly because any pictures of my students would break their confidentiality.  I will not use it for personal use because I don't care about spending that much time on the computer.  I personally had rather share my photos with friends and family.  I have used snapfish, but again, I did not find it worthwhile.  If I had to choose one, I would choose flickr because it is a little more user-friendly.


4 comments:

  1. It looks like you have a beautiful family. As for Flickr, I had issues as well. I guess we can look at the bright side. When computers rise up to take over the world and we are thrust back into the dark ages at least we will know how to do things "the old way!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm sorry but I still prefer things the old way at least most of them. I am real happy just knowing the basics as far as computers. I know I would have been better off not taking this in an excelled class. I may have been less stressed doing it in a full semester. Oh well, onward bound. Thank you for the comment about my family. They are, and always will be the most important thing in my life.

      Delete
  2. Good choices on your photos, Linda. I'm a big fan of Flickr myself, but I've had issues with their limitations. It's all about working around it while keeping up with the other photography sites that are available. It behooves educators to investigate and use many resources that would be applicable, as they all offer something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with your statement as far as young teachers are concerned. As for myself, I teach 3 year old children so our computer skills are limited. Our children are not allowed on the Internet nor can we download anything on the computers. I am hoping I can learn new skills to better myself as a teacher. I am not on top of things, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete